A Flash Mob is a large group of people who gather at a public location to perform an action, which will surprise accidental witnesses. This performance should contain a certain political message, which people have to guess. After the task is completed they disappear as though nothing has happened. They are usually organized through internet, by social networks, emails, websites, etc. Organizers, of course, provide instructions for participants in a virtual world. These instructions include the date, time, and location, where it is going to be completed and an action which is going to be performed. Everyone can be a participant of this event. Age, sex, origin, none of these matters. One can just go there with friends and have fun.
– Let’s start with your name.
– Luka Metreveli
– You are one of the flash mob organizers in Georgia. I would like to ask you some questions. What is flash mob?
– Flash mob is a great event, which gives people an opportunity to have fun. The idea is that people can create something from nothing with their bare hands.
– Why did you decide to organize a flash mob personally?
– I just wanted to make passive people be part of something funny and joyful.
– Did you manage it?
– Was your flash mob different from others?
– Yes, because it was personally my idea.
– What was the difference?
– Where there any kinds of problems during organizing this event?
– Only problem was that I did not get equipment, which I needed. So I had to use equipment with less quality, which was not quite satisfying for 200 people.
– Many people in Georgia say that flash mobs here are not successful, because organizers do not do well. What can you tell us about it?
– I think, it is not organizers but people. People also should be organized, but they do not think about it themselves. In fact, these flash mobs are very artificial. Even by clothes people can judge they are coming from the same company. But still it is just the start.
– And the last question: are you going to organize more flash mobs?
– It depends. At first I will see if people are ready for it, if yes, I have some ideas.
– Thank you for interview
– Thank you, it was my pleasure.
There also are some more flash mob organizers in Georgia and one of them is Zura Tsilosani.
– Why would you want to be a flash mob organizer?
– Because by organizing a flash mob, you are doing something different, original. Of course it also needs a good organizing skills but unfortunately I cannot see it in Georgian flash mobs yet.
– Why do you think that Georgian flash mobs are not well organized?
– Can you give us one example?
– Besides good organizing, is there anything that should be improved for good flash mobs?
– Why are flash mobs actually made in Georgia? Is it just for fun?
– Yes, in Georgia it is just another place for people’s meetings.
– So you do not make any kinds of protests by flash mobs?
– No, I do not think so.
– What is people’s reaction while watching flash mob?
– I think that many people have already got accustomed that it is just another “childish little joke”. Probably they are just surprised why people do this kind of a thing.
– And the last question: how will your flash mobs be different from other ones?
– I am not going to do freeze or death flash mobs, which are made almost always. If I will have an idea of making something different I will definitely make it.
– Thank you for the interview.
Take part in flash mobs, have fun and express yourself!
By Mariam Charkviani & Nessie Nikouradze